Gas Appliances in Lower Hutt or Wellington | Watersmith Plumbing and Gas
If you're located in Lower Hutt or the Wellington area and you have gas appliances in your home it's really important to have them serviced annually.
You may not know you're in trouble until it's too late! A gas appliance can become a lethal delivery for carbon monoxide if it's not properly maintained and regularly serviced to keep it operating correctly and safely.
Your gas appliance needs maintenance if:
- The pilot light makes a popping noise, is hard to light or goes out frequently
- You see lazy yellow flames – the main burner flames should always burn a bright crisp blue colour (unless it's a fireplace)
- There are signs of black soot or marks around the appliance
- Your gas hot water suddenly becomes too hot or too cold
- You receive a large gas bill
- You smell an unusual odour around the gas appliance or your home
If you suspect you have a gas leak make sure you:
- Turn off the gas appliance immediately (or even better, turn off your metered gas supply)
- Extinguish all flames including cigarettes
- Call a certifying gas fitter
Headaches, nausea, dizziness, breathlessness, confusion, chest pains or loss of consciousness without any other apparent cause could be the result of carbon monoxide poisoning. Get in touch for a free quote to fix your gas leak or for our prompt 24/7 emergency gasfitting service anywhere in Lower Hutt, the Hutt Valley or greater Wellington region.